Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Back from a broken wrist

I've been gone since September, and now I'm back.

I fell playing basketball and broke my wrist rather severely. After surgery and a long recovery, I'm near back to full. The event was somewhat of an awakening. Never had a broken bone and never had significant surgery. There's a sense of limitations sometimes feels like a constraint, in a way that I haven't felt it before. I was unable to type on the computer and bought the Dragon speech recognition software. After a learning curve, I was at least able to stay on top of my classes.

Getting back to my blog in January was a New Year's resolution now it's time to get back at it.

I have been reading project management journals and doing some writing. I will get back to critiquing research and project management and sharing some ideas. I plan to write about the direction of project management, what we need to learn and the skills we develop to become more effective and efficient project managers.

Next time I plan to share some thoughts on my attendance at the annual global conference the Project Management Institute, in New Orleans, and explore some of the articles in the Project Management Journal. I look forward to sharing with you again.
Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment